Local Management Agreement
Local Management Agreements are a simple , effective way for council residents to take charge of local of local estate and other housing services (for example caretaking, cleaning and gardening).
We took part in a major Innovation into Action project this model in partnership with CityWest Homes and the Department for Communities and Local Government. This resulted in the Taking Charge Toolkit – guide for councils and residents wishing to explore this innovative approach to improving local services.
We can help by:
- Working with residents to see if a Local Management Agreement is the best option for the area
- Setting up a special operating body to run the Local Management Agreement
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, rules and service standards
- Developing monitoring and performance management
- Training and support for residents acting as Trustees